Preparation time: 10 min.
Calories: 340 per serving
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown lentils
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
1. Clean the lentils, wash, drain and keep.
2. Combine the lentils with onion, carrots, garlic, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. salt, chicken broth and 3 cups water in a slow cooker and cook for 6 to 7 hours on low heat.
3. Add the spinach and cook on high for 20 minutes.
4. Add lemon juice and salt to taste before serving.